Hi Erik,

I guess you've many commits on you local "old" git repo, isn't it?
Well, those commits are candidates for re-apply them into the new repo when you
get access to it.
The most simple way to that is attach the new repo as new remote for your
actual local repo:

git remote add wip https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk.git
git fetch --prune
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false branch -m develop
develop-old
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false checkout -b develop
--track wip/develop

at this point, you'll move your commits from develop-old to develop via
cherrypick, and then make a push over develop to new remote wip.

hopefully it's useful...

PD. Try SourceTree as UI client for Git, it's fully use for free.

Best,
--
Jose Barragan
Software Architect Chief