Hi Frederic,

in our experience working with GIT we saw that was extremely helpful to
have visual track of each set of commits that are a single fix,
functionality, feature or whatever, since you can always operate and have
much control as branches grow and ramifies. In the particular case you
point (single commit - flat history) it's a matter of tastes but making it
flat for this particular case makes you lost visibility as GIT workflow
evolve over time. Right now we could make it flat (at this point of
simplicity), but I recommend not to do it since in few months we should
expect more complex GIT graphs and this kind of loops will help to see
others what historically happen.

Apache Flex is so huge and modular and over time we should organize in a
way that make us possible to plan huge releases with lots of modules,
changes and consistence between pieces. We are right now at the very
beginning trying to get the basic management and functionality but as
people will understand the full potential of the tool and the kind of
thinks we can now do, things will complicate. As we discussed in other
thread some weeks ago, I suspect that we will end in an
"dictator-lieutenant-apache" model (as we talked with Beltran the apache
part is that decisions must be consolidated in this list to adopt such
model), since it's what I see in other big open source projects where sub
teams are organized in repositories and they commit in such repositories
while the "lieutenant" assemble the final "module" (this happen in the same
way all the way to root until reach the "dictator"). As we said, if we end
in this model, the apache way will be less restricted in repo permissions
and more conducted by the list where people will assign the tasks to a
single person.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología