On 5/9/13 12:38 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Justin Mclean
> <jus...@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>>> If you let me know the related files, I can take a stab at it.
>>
>> It's everything under
>> frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/mobile/mobile480 in the
>> 480dpi branch, files there are just a copy of the the 320 dpi files. Free
>> free to delete everything in that directory and start from scratch if you
>> want.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>

> I wrote a small tool to upconvert the 320dpi to 420dpi.  Essentially I
> scaled up each first level child element in every skin by a factor of 1.5.
> Anyone see any problems with this logic?
Seems like a reasonable first start.

In theory, making a single pixel line that was on a pixel boundary become
1.5 pixels wide should cause the colors in the pixels that are now half
covered to be less intense than the full covered pixels.  My eyes have never
been good enough to see it even on a desktop monitor, but we have had bugs
filed about that sort of thing in the past.  However, at 480dpi, I'm not
sure anyone can see it.

It might have been better to convert 240 dpi assets by a factor of 2.  But
again, it may not really matter.

The other theoretical "flaw" is in the line-thickness and font area in
general.  A 24px "T" is not guaranteed to cover the same pixels as a 12px or
18px "T" scaled up.  Again, not clear humans can see that at this density,
but some folks seem to have much more sensitivity to these things than me.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team