Ok corrected the command to perform correctly... goofy freaking format for
bash sh.  I'm sure there is a better sollution than awk to strip the
filename, but it works.  The second line removes the prefixed \.  All the
hashes match except the last one.  It seems to be different.

    #Gets the hash of the file and strips the filename off the results.
    MD5hash=`md5sum "${playerGlobalSWC}" | awk '{ print $1 }'`

    #Removes the prefixed slash.
    MD5hash=${MD5hash:1}