Hi,

After playing around with the command line arguments a bit, I was able
to compile nearly all framework SWCs using the Falcon compiler! Only
'spark' and 'experimental' don't compile and it looks like that has
mostly the same problems as 'spark', so I think we can safely say that
we're only the compilation of one SWC away from switching to Falcon
;-)

Some of the errors I get are:

- "not adding bindable variable trait for labelDisplay in Qname:
Label::{PackageNs:"spark.components"}"
- "Error: Could not find source for class
mx.rpc.remoting.mxml.Operation in namespace
library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
- "Error: Ambiguous reference to TextInput" in MXFTETextInput on line
68 (which I think is the root cause for a ton of other errors that
follow)
- "Error: Call to a possibly undefined method Event."
- "Error: Access of possibly undefined property embeddedFontContext
through a reference with static type IStyleClient." for a var that's
referenced via mx_internal
- fun one: several vars of type uint that are initialised with the value -1 ;-)
- and the big scary one: "Error: Internal error in ABC generator
subsystem, when generating code for:
/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/utils/TextFlowUtil.as:
java.lang.NullPointerException"

I'll look into some of these in the days to follow, but I encourage
everyone to take a look and see if you can figure some of them out.
And don't steal my "uint" fixes :-P

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software