Hey Carlos,

That's great. I'd written a very similar component a few years ago, which
worked pretty much the same as yours except the code was never
publication-worthy ;)

>From what I've seen, there are 2 minor differences:
 - there was a list of possible separators (which could also be
configured); yours seems to have only one separator. I absolutely needed
this because I created the component initially for a Belgian national
register number which has a mask like this: ##.##.## - ###.## so both the
dots and the dashes had to be separators. This would fix your 'sample phone
mask' and 'sample IBAN mask' which are behaving a bit oddly as Harbs
already mentioned. This is the list of default separators I
used: /\|:-.()[]{}<> For the 'sample IBAN mask' the developer could then
set separators="ES-" to override these defaults.
 - you could provide a custom mask like 'dd/mm/yyyy' for a date. I'm not
sure, but it looks like your version supports only one mask character at a
time.

I also used this component to create a custom date input which combined the
masked text input and the old mx date picker for better UX than mx
DateField provides.

I don't mind sharing my code, but as I already mentioned, it's a bit dirty
:-/

cheers,
Max