> It would save me much time if you find a different solution.  Looks like some
> folks have suggested that we simply have the files indexed by a web search
> engine.

I understand, but that's a different usage.

Adobe ASDOC has both:  quick search field on top of the class list, and global
search box top right of the page, near the "Adobe" logo.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/

But I don't want to add you more work (and to me as well), so I leave this for
now.

Thanks for your advice.

Maurice