On 3/24/14 9:22 AM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

>>BTW, was one of the enhancements automated test generation?  Maybe from
>>metadata on the class?
>
>There was a bigger project on that, yes, although we didn't get
>particularly far before the Apache switch so most of it was put on hold.
>Also, Flash Builder would create stubs for you based on the code model it
>had, so we don't go that route.
I'll have to ponder whether it would be faster to manually write and
maintain these tests or write a test generator.  It seems like you could
annotate with metadata and auto-generate a fair number of tests that way.

BTW, a key motivating factor in creating a set of FlexUnit tests is to try
to conform to that government standard you told me about.  Do you have a 5
sentence summary of what a test suite needs to cover?  Is it measured
purely by code coverage or do you have to have boundary tests, negative
tests, etc?