>I assume this was a release version and not a debug version?
Damn,  I fell in the trap again. Thanks for reminding me.
I have re-done the tests with release packaging, almost same results:
21- 25 FPS for TextField
1 ~ 4 for spark Label.

>Either way, I don't think TLF will get out to 25fps.
Yes, 15 would have been fine.  but 4 fps is really too bad.

> I'd suggest doing a simple test to see if TextField really can do RTL (text
> starting from the right edge) or just knows how to place characters in a
> string based on some positioning information.
Yes, that was my intention. Crossing fingers that it works.

Thanks

Maurice