De : Konstantin Elstner [mailto:f...@dashart.de]
Envoyé : lundi 31 mars 2014 13:18
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Time for refactor? Reworking the annoying private methods

Hi,

for me as Flex developer it is very annoying to find a problem / bug in the
current Flex versions.
In the most case I analyze the problem / bug and then I find the "source" of
the problem, but I can not integrate a workaround, because the method which is
responsible has a private scope.

Current example:
private function hideScrollBars():void { ... } from spark.components.Scroller.

I waste so much time to create some dirty workarounds around simple private
methods in many components.
So very often, I am asking myself ... why is this method private, it could be
protected and I could create a simple fix.

Also it would more simple to create a patch for bugs, or implement new custom
functions and commit it back to.

So my rhetoric question:
Is is time to restructure / rework  and revalidate every as private declared
method and variable in the Flex sources?

All this private usages has a taste for me, like the Adobe guys which initial
created the classes do not completely understand the concept of mx_internal /
private / protected and public scopes ;)

Konstantin