On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:15 PM, David Frank <david.fr...@on24.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> First time mailing the group. Let me introduce myself. I've been working
> on Flex 3.2 for the past 6 years, and I've only recently upgraded my
> project to Flex 4.6.
>
> I'm having difficulty in two areas and I've Googled the hell out of this
> but all the web links that seem to have the answers, are dead. Serves me
> right for upgrading 6 years after Flex 4 was introduced.
>
> Anyway, I'm hoping some of you might have the answer to my issues.
>
> Issue 1:
> I have a main Flex project for my application. I have a separate Flex
> project (a "style" project) that has all the style definitions and assets
> in it. The .css file is located under src/skin folder inside this style
> project. The problem is that I'm not able to 'ClassReference' my skin
> class. The compiler keeps throwing an error saying that the class is not
> found. Here is my sample:
>
> custom|CustomItemRendererComponent
> {
>       skinClass:
> ClassReference("skin.sparkSkins.SkinForCustomItemRendererComponent");
> }
>
> If I move my .css file directly under the src folder, then the compiler
> seems to find the class. If it is under src/skin, this breaks. Can someone
> tell me if there is a workaround for this without having to move the .css
> file directly under the src folder?

It seems like your main source path is not set to "src".  If you set it to
src, it might fix your problem.

Or you could try:       skinClass:
ClassReference("sparkSkins.SkinForCustomItemRendererComponent");

> Issue 2:
> A skin class is inside a separate Flex project (a "style" project as
> mentioned above). I am unable to declare the HostComponent inside the skin
> class if this is a custom component belonging to the main Flex project.
> Here is my sample:
>
> [HostComponent("custom.itemRenderers.CustomItemRendererComponent")]
>
> The CustomItemRendererComponent is defined inside the main Flex Project.
> So, I thought that this was the reason the compiler is not able to find the
> class. So, I linked the entire main Flex project in the Source Path of my
> style project.

What folder are you setting the source path as?  It should be
mainFlexProject/src (or mainFlexProject/src/main/flex in some conventions)
 It depends on how your main flex project is configured like.

> But this still does not get rid of the error. I even get the class in the
> code hinting, but the compiler doesn't see the class. The error goes away
> only if I physically move the skin class somewhere inside the style
> project. This is not feasible unfortunately. Can someone help please? Is
> there a way I can fix the compiler error or maybe tell the compiler to
> ignore this "error" in any way? FYI, until this error goes away, I'm forced
> to change the HostComponent to "spark.components.SkinnableContainer" (super
> class of CustomItemRendererComponent). I would prefer to use the actual
> custom component class though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om