I wish it was just my app, but alas, I created a new app and had the same
results:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009";
applicationDPI="160"
backgroundColor="0xFFFF00">

        <s:Rect width="100%" height="100%" radiusX="40" radiusY="40">
                <s:fill>
                        <s:SolidColor color="0xFF0000"/>
                </s:fill>
        </s:Rect>

</s:Application>

list of 4 images that correspond to original 4 images of app:

- normal
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n45482/IMG_0170.jpg>

- app launced first, then minimized to make phone call, maximized app after
call in use. content pushed off bottom of screen when statusbar doubled in
height
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n45482/IMG_0171.jpg>

- app launched fresh after statusbar already enlarged due to phone call in
use
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n45482/IMG_0172.jpg>

- app content slides upward after statusbar shrinks when phone call ends
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n45482/IMG_0173.jpg>

I added some resize listeners and never had 1 trigger when the statusbar
height changed.

I voted for the existing bug [1] that is pretty much the same thing as I am
experiencing. I am hoping that others here can also vote for it. Or even
better, tell me that I am simply overlooking something.

[1] https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3621841