TeotiGraphix wrote
> Kevin, I am curious what are some of your motivations for trying out and
> testing FlexJS?
>
> Mike

Mike, thanks for asking, although you may regret the long boring answer.

Short answer: I have some guys at work with windows phones and tablets and I
would like them to use my app, which of course, is only available for
android and ios. Since my app is in its infancy, I wanted to try to rebuild
it using flexJS, to see if I could eventually target more devices.

Long answer: I like troubleshooting and learning new things. I had my first
taste of programming about 12 years ago when I was reading a maximumPC
magazine article that had a tutorial about "hosting your own blog using
xampp on a windows pc." My thoughts were: What the heck is a blog? And what
the heck is hosting? That lead me from html/js -> php -> running linux
servers -> making wordpress plugins -> hosting glype proxies -> making
firefox addons -> making flash based interface for glype proxies -> making
desktop app for zoneminder using flex ->making mobile app for zoneminder
using flex -> ???

Out of all of the things that I had tried over the years, I really liked
flex the best. It allowed somebody like me, with absolutely no official
training, to easily make apps. And like many, I was saddened by what seemed
like the death of flash and flex. Now that flex has been reborn, and is
rapidly evolving, I am very excited and really want to see it succeed. So, I
will do my part to contribute to that success.

End transmission...