On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hey, can you email Roland about AS3Commons’ ZIP library?  We use that in
> the Installer and I think it needs to be moved someplace more stable like
> GitHub because the old links to it stopped working.

Yeah if I get a hold of him tomorrow I will ask.

> I would want to get a ruling on that from higher up in Apache.  First
> there is the risk that your site goes away some day.  Then there is the
> question as to whether PMC folks can set up external entities to get
> around some of these Apache rules.  Now if there was already a swc we
> could use on the mozilla site then that would be usable.

I mean github but yeah, I have no idea what I am talking about so this one
is on your shoulders. :)

> >Hmm, ok maybe it's me being numb, I guess I am confusing the MXMLEmitter
> >with the JSEmitter. and what it's doing.
> >
> >I swear I looked at the JSEmitter and it had a bunch of GCC stuff in it
> >and
> >all the comments and such. If I was to maintain a straight transpiler I
> >would want it to be as clean and extensible as possible.
>
> You are right.  I think if you look in the code for JSFlexJSEmitter you
> will find a bunch of GCL stuff and we use GCC to minify the results.  But
> from memory (so I could be completely wrong) the GCL stuff is used for
> goog.requires to load other dependencies, goog.inherits and goog.base
> (sort of) to deal with inheritance.  But if you have a class that extends
> from Object that is just creating HTMLElements and listening for mouse
> clicks, I’m not sure how much “goog” will be in the output.

Read my last 2 responses, I am going to aim at the type script output.
Either way this is just getting my mind back into the compiler, even if
it's a month's excerise into nothingness it will still be beneficial for me.

The thing is, I look at what they are doing in TypeScript and I KNOW that
can be done in about 2 months with the new JXEmitter. ;-)

What I mean is, we get a builtin and htmllib, all the basic examples on
their front page I know I could get compiling in an ActionScript project
and working in the browser, I am 95% percent confident in this.

So I'm saying I can see the beginning and end with that cross compile. :)
What could be built from that code, hopefully a lot. It gives this project
two definite paths for developers, I really think this is a good idea from
Josh and now I am really seeing it's potential.

> >On that note; In the Randori emitter I used about 8 class compositions in
> >the JS emitter whcih decoupled a huge amount of code. I think we could do
> >that with the current GFLexJS emitter and share 1/2 to 2/3 of the code
> >base
> >that exists right now.
> >
> >What do you think?
>
> Not sure I understood that, but I trust you.  Sharing code is almost
> always good.

Sorry I had typos. All I meant was I abstracted, statements, expressions
etc into composite classes and shared data in a model. It made the code
really clean.

I don't want to mess up anything you are working on right now with FlexJS,
reference my previous 2 posts about this. :)

Mike