Yeah I pretty much figured that. What I can't figure out is if a d.ts
definition is actually TS or some sub type that has special rules. I looked
through the TS parser and compiler code and didn't see anything specific to
a d.ts file so I am assuming it's TS.

The problem here is two fold, one trying to create a scanner for TS and two
the language is still greek to me as far as quickly understanding how to
map a d.ts "AST" to actionscript.

As I said early, forking the TS compiler and then emitting as from it was a
first consideration but looking at the code, that ain't going to happen. :)

So in the end it's write an antlr grammar(not going to happen), create a
tokenizer by hand that uses characters and state transitions or using some
type of regexp to scan things as you parse each line thus putting the
scanner in states to save some type of simple AST that we can then
walk/visit and emit actionscript.

First the as spec for "d.as" files needs to be documented, then the tool
can be thought about. We need to think about exactly what and how this
stuff translates back to javascript during compilation (from the SWC
definition).

Mike