On 8/25/16, 1:09 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Olaf,
>

>Unfortunately FlexJS currently doesn't do well with Fonts ... yet ...
>that's one of the things we have on our list. Currently we are using
>parts of the Fontkit libs as well as the SWFUtils from the old Flex SDK.

I wouldn't be quite so discouraging.  FlexJS can load fonts.  It doesn't
support embedding.  As a reminder, the primary goal of FlexJS is to thinly
wrap browser functionality, not to emulate Flash in the browser, so FlexJS
can load a font via @fontface and the SWF side will load a font SWF if you
create one.  At least in my observation, that is a more common pattern in
HTML than embedding the font.  See the FlexJS Flat swc for an example.  It
is the beginnings of a Flat UI theme for FlexJS.

We do need a volunteer to implement font embedding in the Falcon and
FalconJX compiler, but IMO, that isn't a must-have for FlexJS 1.0.

HTH,