I stumble over tons of VF2JS classes and think it would be better to move stuf
like that to some sort of attic. What do you think?

Chris

________________________________
Von: Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016 17:13:49
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [FALCONJX] Combining SWF and JS compilers (was Re: AW:
[FalconJX][FlexJS] COMPJSC and Build order)

JSC is meant to be purely an ActionScript to JavaScript transpiler without
any frameworks. By default, it doesn't export an HTML file, but it will
optionally support custom HTML templates in 0.8.0. It is exposed through
the js/bin/asjsc executable, where it loads the frameworks/js-config.xml
configuration. js-config.xml references js.swc to give ActionScript access
to browser APIs.

NODE generates an index.js that bootstraps things for Node.js. It is
exposed through the js/bin/asnodec executable, which it loads the
frameworks/node-config.xml configuration. In addition to js.swc,
node-config.xml references node.swc to give ActionScript access to Node.js
APIs.

As far as I know, AMD and VF2JS are no longer maintained. I assume AMD
tried to output AMD modules instead of goog modules. I remember Alex or
someone mentioning that VF2JS had something to do with the original Flex
framework, but I don't know the details.

- Josh