If I understand this thread, we actually need two kinds of Forms:

1) A low-level wrapper for HTMLFormElement.  So what if it exits you out
of the app to another HTML page.  Maybe that's all you need.
2) A form-like thing for RIAs/single-page apps.  We might need someone to
research how other JS frameworks handle single-screen apps and Forms.
Maybe they don't use Form under the covers and replicate a lot of the
functionality, or maybe there is some way to override the Form action and
keep your app running.