Ok picking up this thread again ...

Well I think that allowing non-comitters to contribute to the page is a pretty
slim benefit. I couldn't say that we have used that even for a single time in
the past. And I think it would be good not to allow this in general. At least I
couldn't find a way to release only parts of the site, so it's an all or
nothing. And I also couldn't see any "this has changed" so you would actually
have to verify the entire page just to make sure no one pushed anything bad. So
I think it's a good thing that non-comitters can't contribute to the site. This
way we also don't have to worry about signed ICLAs and so.

Today I have continued on the new maven-style site and added stuff that was
obviously missing: pmc_Flex.rdf, doap_Flex.rdf (don't quite know what they are
good for ... looks as if this is some internal stuff for the ASF to gather
information about it's own projects) ... at least that's in now.

What's still missing is some installer-related stuff. I can see:

- track-installer.cmsPage,

- all the single-mirror pages

- sdk-installer-config xmls

I would assume the stuff in the sub-directory would actually come from
sub-projects.

One thing I couldn't find in the codebase however was the footer of each page
containing the Twitter feed, the latest releases, the about flex text and how
to subscribe to mailinglists. I couldn't find this content anywhere :-(

And I would like to state that I didn't expect this to be a race in which the
first one wins. If there are other initiatives to generating the site in git,
why not simply setup a separate branch and put that stuff in there? I could
change the buildbot job to push to "asf-site-maven" and different solutions
could co-exist. All that I want, is the ability to produce the sites of
sub-modules such as FlexJS (and it's part) automatically.

Chris