I added StrandUtils.loadBead() to core. To see an example of how it’s used you
can look in AccordionCollapseBead, which has the following line:

                                                       _layout =
StrandUtils.loadBead(IOneFlexibleChildLayout, "iBeadLayout", _strand) as
IOneFlexibleChildLayout;

The utility class searches to see if the bead already exists in the strand and
if not, it adds it.

In my opinion beads should use this when they require other beads. This insures
the dependencies are loaded on the strand and available to the beads.

How beads cooperate is an interesting discussion. This is just one way. They
can also listen to events on the strand and emit them. The problem with that is
that it’s difficult to enforce order of execution. It’s even more complicated
because FlexJS doesn’t currently have the concept of event handler priorities,
as far as I know.