IMO, you could create a DPCNWithAddRemoveEvents and do what you propose.

Some apps are totally fine with a brute-force "re-do everything", some,
via PAYG, do need more information and are willing to do more work to
avoid re-doing everything.

Yes, there are flavors like DPCNWithAddEvents that don't look for
removals, but again, with DAYG, folks can create those as needed.

My 2 cents,
-Alex