Justin logged a bug here and I encountered the same issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35271

At first glance this seems like a real quick fix, just delete the two lines
from :

if (contentData) {
     element.setRequestHeader('Content-length', contentData.length.toString());
     element.setRequestHeader('Connection', 'close');
     element.send(contentData);
} else {
     element.send();
 }

changing to:

if (contentData) {
     element.send(contentData);
} else {
     element.send();
 }

or possibly even something like:
element.send(contentData || "");

I just thought I would double-check if anyone knew why these headers were
included originally. Even if it was permitted (it seems clear that it is not),
I don't think that content-length would always be correct byte count in the
above case if the string was utf8...because the string length can be different
to its byte length.

If I hear nothing or if there are no objections, I will make the change above.

regards,
Greg