On 3/13/2017 6:05 PM, Gary Yang wrote:
I am curious, what do you guys think about Flash Player and Flash
Platform's situation today? is it better or worse than expected 5/6 years
ago?

Flash Platform's situation is lots better today than I would have guessed it would be 5 years ago. It isn't dead and buried. I perceive AIR has had some serious traction in the mobile space. That's the plus side.

On the negative side. Flash / Flex is not a growth technology; it is a legacy technology at best. I don't see any new development happening; and most clients use other technologies when starting apps from scratch. I wouldn't be my consulting future on Flash/Flex. I don't turn down work, but I don't actively pursue it either.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur