Hi,

> Is this the right thread which Alex is talking about ? I saw some time ago
> some commits from you in this area - it was some fix ?

Yep I placed a couple of fixes in there so it that correctly parses RGBA
values. There may be some bugs in other areas around RGBA values.

With that fix this will work:
<js:Container width="100" height="100">
<js:style>
    <js:SimpleCSSStyles backgroundColor="rgba(255,0,0,0.1)" />
</js:style>
</js:Container>

> I'm trying to understand what need to be done more apart of removing
> "backgroundAlpha " in order to resolve this jira: FLEX-35000

People form the flex SDK side are going to be used to backgroundAlpha so I’m
not sure it's best to rename it? But not too fussed if it is.

If you have a backgroundImage on the JS you would probably want to set opacity
on the background image, if you have a backgroundColour and  backgroundAlpha
on the JS side you will probably want to use an RGBA.