The compiler knows how to read Google Complier extern files. Most of the
typedefs are created from those.

There’s actually a two-step process for generating the typedefs. It first
creates ActionScript stubs, and then generates the swc from that. It download
the extern files as part of the build process.

If you are starting from scratch, it’s definitely possible to generate the swcs
from ActionScript stubs, but since most of the typedefs we need have Google
extern files, that’s not necessary.

HTH,
Harbs