Yishay did the implementation of this so I was a bit shaky on the details.

I just looked at our code, and it appears that we did not actually use panels
for the children.

It turns out the children are actually Containers which have a TitleBarModel
bead. Sorry about the confusion. It might make sense to have an interface for
an accordion-compatible container.

We will put together an example which should work better in the morning.

I cannot test my app which uses the Accordion right now because Promise is
currently broken (like I wrote in my other email).

Harbs

> [...]
> how to resolve this, based on the information I've given below?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> On 6/1/17, 3:49 PM, "Peter Ent" <p...@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I've checked in my changes to the Accordion components. It still is not
>> working correctly and I cannot figure out what is happening. The
>> <js:Panel> used as the data to the Accordion are being placed as children
>> of AccordionItemRenderers which are themselves Panels. So there are two
>> TitleBars present per Accordion section.
>>
>> The layout mechanism changed so that the GroupView (the base view bead for
>> all container-type view beads) no longer controls when layouts run; that
>> is done by the layouts themselves. GroupView et al has a beforeLayout()
>> and afterLayout() functions called by the layout classes which might be
>> helpful, I'm not sure.
>>
>> Panel also changed quite a bit. A Panel is now a Group with its own layout
>> that controls the placement of the TitleBar and Container which is its
>> content area. When you specify a layout bead on a Panel, the Panel
>> actually moves it to the content area Container. Perhaps this has
>> something to do with the behavior we are now seeing.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to handle the
>> Accordion as it now sits and I'll be happy to answer any questions about
>> how the current view/layout system works now.
>>
>> If I may, perhaps Accordion could be changed as follows:
>>
>> <js:Accordion selectedIndex="0">
>>   <js:AccordionSection title="Panel 1">
>>      <!‹ a single child here, such as a Group, Container, or List ‹>
>>   </js:AccordionSection>
>>   <js:AccordionSection title="Panel 2">
>>       <!‹ a single child here, such as a Group, Container, or a List ‹>
>>   </js:AccordionSection>
>> </js:Accordion>
>>
>> The Accordion + AccordionView would create 2 children for each
>> AccordionSection in the Accordion's space: an AccordionHeader + <single
>> child>.
>>
>> The model would indicate which <single child> is being viewed and the
>> layout, such as OneFlexibleChildVerticalLayout or
>> OneFlexibleChildHorizontalLayout, would take care of sizing and
>> positioning the AccordionHeader and <single child> elements. The <single
>> child> elements not visible would simply have visible=false set; the
>> layout will then ignore them.
>>
>> For the HTML side, this example would create a <DIV> with four children
>> and not have any deep nesting unless that what the <single child>
>> produces. The <single child> that's visible would have overflow:auto or
>> overflow:hidden while the other <single child> elements would have
>> display:none set.
>>
>> Merely a suggestion, and could probably use some refinement.
>>
>> ‹peter
>>

>> On 6/1/17, 2:03 PM, "yishayw" <yishayj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Harbs wrote
>>>
>>> Shouldn't .height return the measured height, regardless of whether it

>>> e
>>> x-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com%2FFlexJS-Accordion-broken-tp61937p620
>>> 0
>>> 8.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9b640697ac694828308808d4a91a8573%7Cfa7b1b5a7b344
>>> 3
>>> 8794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636319378749470812&sdata=I%2BJ9TjnMxtY8VD4b4
>>> h