On Jun 6, 2017 10:42 PM, "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com.invalid> wrote:

On 6/6/17, 10:27 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> I agree that there could be a even smaller bead that doesn't track
>>changes
>> as you move the thumb.  Something to do in the next release, IMO.
>
>Could be or must be? Again just trying to understand why PAYG wasn’t
>followed in this case.

I haven't really thought about it.  I'm still just trying to get a release
out.  User expectations are a factor.  Most folks won't need to remove the
PasswordInputBead.  Do most folks want to track the thumb?

>Was this just an accidental design omission that no body picked up on it
>OR is it sometimes OK to have optional feature code in beads?

Probably one of just many bugs we haven't found or fixed yet.  It is
unfortunate we spend all of this energy trying to convince you of the
value of PAYG instead of finding and fixing these bugs.

Alex,

I don't think Justin's questions are about the value of PAYG; they rather
indicate a genuine attempt at understanding the concept.

I suggest you reset your understanding of his intent and re-read his
emails.  Maybe you will see his line of questioning in a more positive
light.

Thanks,
Om