Sure, I know it wouldn't work at runtime, but it sounded like Harbs
couldn't even get the compiler to accept window["process"] which it should.

So, it should be ok to write:

if(typeof window !== "undefined")
{
    theProcess = window["process"];
}
else

    theProcess = global.process

But is there really a process property in the browser?

We could create or own single variable if we want.  How often do libraries
need stuff in window/global?  Classes that need it should be able to use
inject_html and run some JS that maps window to global or the other way
around.

HTH,
-Alex