I think we can use setParentTarget to get bubbling to work reliably with
custom events, but as Peter said, I don't think we want to set up
parentTarget's just-in-case.  Bubbling custom events is not a recommended
practice as was mentioned in some other thread recently.

Imagine if you had a Panel as a child of a larger Panel.  Bubbling a close
event from the inner Panel could easily cause the outer Panel's close
handler to also fire.

My 2 cents,
-Alex