Hi,

> It looks like this was also a problem in 4.16.0.  Can you confirm?

Doesn’t look like it from a quick look but I’ve not tried to compile against it
(yet).

4.16.1 vs VC gives:

diff -w -r *src ~/flex-sdk | grep currencySymbol
< currencySymbol=
> currencySymbol=?

4.16.0 vs VC gives no differences.

Also the file types match 4.16.0 and what’s in version control (but it's not
UTF-8):

4.16.1 RC:
$file
apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-src/frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators

VC:
$file
/Users/justinmclean/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
ISO-8859 text

4.16.0:
file
/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.16/frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
ISO-8859 text

Perhaps the SharedResources.properties has been incorrectly converted to UTF-8
when it actually should be ISO-8859? (The pound sign is character 163.) Perhaps
we have a mix of text encodings for resource files?