Yes, I would really like to get rid of the distinction between operator and
network buffers.
Having all buffers been taken from the same pool is a good step towards
that goal. Until the assignment is dynamic, I prefer to have a config
option for the network / operator ratio.

+1 for the proposal and a ratio config option.