I discovered something that might be a feature, rather than a bug. When you
submit an example using the web client without giving parameters the
program fails with this:

org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The main method
caused an error.

at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:452)

at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:353)

at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.run(Client.java:315)

at
org.apache.flink.client.web.JobSubmissionServlet.doGet(JobSubmissionServlet.java:302)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:770)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:532)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:453)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:227)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:965)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:388)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:187)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:901)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:47)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:596)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:1048)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:425)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:489)

at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

at
org.apache.flink.api.common.JobExecutionResult.getAccumulatorResult(JobExecutionResult.java:78)

at org.apache.flink.api.java.DataSet.collect(DataSet.java:409)

at org.apache.flink.api.java.DataSet.print(DataSet.java:1345)

at
org.apache.flink.examples.java.wordcount.WordCount.main(WordCount.java:80)

at

at

at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:437)

... 24 more

This also only occurs when you uncheck the "suspend execution while showing
plan".

I think this arises because the new print() uses collect() which tries to
get the job execution result. I guess the result is Null since the job is
submitted asynchronously when the checkbox is unchecked.

Other than that, the new print() is pretty sweet when you run the builtin
examples from the CLI. You get all the state changes and also the result,
even when running in cluster mode on several task managers. :D