If we remove flink-staging because projects tend to get stuck there, what mechanism prevents the same happening with flink-contrib?

On 01.10.2015 15:19, Stephan Ewen wrote:
+1 for Robert's comments.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org> wrote:

Big +1 for graduating streaming out of staging. It is widely used, also in
production and we are spending a lot of effort into hardening it.
I also agree with the proposed new maven module structure.

We have to carefully test the reworked structure for the scripts which are
generating the hadoop1 and the scala 2.11 poms (they are transformed using
a bunch of bash scripts). I can do that once the PR is open.

@Chesnay: I would be fine with including the language binding into python
Where would new projects reside in, that previously would have been put
into flink-staging?

flink-contrib

@Kostas: I understand the idea behind your suggested renaming, but thats
just a name. I don't think its going to influence how people are seeing
Flink: It doesn't feel like second class when adding "flink-streaming-core"
to the dependencies to me.
Also, the "flink-datastream-scala" module would depend on
"flink-dataset-scala", which is kind of weird.

I'm wondering whether we should remove the "flink-test-utils" module. I
don't think its really necessary, because we can put the test jars into the
flink-tests project and include them using the "test-jar" dependency.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Kostas Tzoumas <ktzou...@apache.org>