Hi jstar,

I need to have a close look. But I am wondering why you use reflection
in the first place? Is there any specific reason for that?

Furthermore, the example provided in project maven-example also covers
the case to submit a topology to Flink via Java. Have a look at
org.apache.flink.storm.wordcount.WordCountRemoteBySubmitter

It contains a main() method and you can just run it as a regular Java
program in your IDE.

The SO question example should also work; it also contains a main()
method, so you should be able to run it.

Btw: If you use Storm-Compatiblitly-API there is no reason the get an
ExecutuionEnvironment in you code. This happen automatically with
FlinkClient/FlinkSubmitter.

Furthermore, I would recommend to use FlinkSubmitter instead of
FlinkClient as it is somewhat simpler to use.

About SO question: I guess the problem is the jar assembling. The user says

"Since I'using maven to handle my dependencies, I do a Mvn clean install
to obtain the jar."

I guess this is not sufficient to bundle a correct jar. Have a look into
pom.xml from storm-examples. It uses maven plug-ins in assemble the jar
correctly. (Regular maven artifact do not work for job submission...)

Will have a close look and follow up... Hope this helps already.

-Matthias