Max,

I certainly agree that hotfixes are not ideal for large refactorings and
new features. Some thoughts ...

A hotfix should be maven verified, as should a rebased PR. Travis is often
backed up for half a day or more.

Is our Jira and PR process sufficiently agile to handle these hotfixes?
Will committers simply include hotfixes with other PRs, and would it be
better to retain these as smaller, separate commits?

For these cosmetic changes and small updates will the Jira and PR yield
beneficial documentation addition to what is provided in the commit message?

Counting hotfixes by contributor, the top of the list looks as I would
expect.

Greg

Note: this summary is rather naive and includes non-squashed hotfix commits
included in a PR
$ git shortlog --grep 'hotfix' -s -n release-0.9.0..
    94  Stephan Ewen
    42  Aljoscha Krettek
    20  Till Rohrmann
    16  Robert Metzger