Hi Kevin,

I have orchestrated an evaluation of Spark and Flink for various batch and
graph processing workloads (no streaming, no sql) (this work has been accepted
as a paper at Cluster and I will publish soon a report, for more details please
contact me directly).
Both engines did well, stable and scalable, in some case one is better but with
some differences in tuning and resource usage.
Depending on your use case, you can or cannot compare these two engines, but
overall they complete each other :).

I think the biggest issue is with the recovery on failure (more for batch use
cases) , something which is to be handled (better) with this proposal
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-1+%3A+Fine+Grained+Recovery+from+Task+Failures

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-1+:+Fine+Grained+Recovery+from+Task+Failures>

Best,
Ovidiu