Hi Kevin,

You need to use properties.setProperty("auto.offset.reset",
"smallest") for Kafka 9 to start from the smallest offset. Note, that
in Kafka 8 you need to use properties.setProperty("auto.offset.reset",
"earliest") to achieve the same behavior.

Kafka keeps track of the offsets per group id. If you have already
read from a topic with a certain group id and want to restart from the
smallest offset available, you need to generate a unique group id.

Cheers,
Max