Hi,
I think that would blow up state since there can be several triggers that
need this kind of state, Any and All come to mind, possibly. If each of
those keeps state that's at least a byte per trigger. If the finished state
were kept centrally by the TriggerRunner it would just be one byte for
everything, in most cases.

As I said, in some cases keeping that extra bit can be avoided. For
example, if you have Repeat.forever(Some.trigger()) you know that the
finished bit will always be false and so you don't keep any state in the
TriggerRunner. If every trigger manually does that bookkeeping you remove
that possibility while increasing complexity in each Trigger implementation.

Cheers,
Aljoscha