I think that could be an interesting source. Two quick questions to move
forward

  - To keep the Flink code base from becoming too big (hard to maintain and
test) we started working with Apache Bahir as a project dedicated to
streaming connectors. Would that be a good target for the connector?

  - What are your thoughts on fault tolerance for that connector?