Hi,

I have few questions on how I need to model my use case in flink. Please
advise. Thanks for the help.

- I'm currently running my flink program on 1.2 SNAPSHOT with kafka source
and I have checkpoint enabled. When I look at the consumer offsets in kafka
it appears to be stagnant and there is a huge lag. But I can see my flink
program is in pace with kafka source in JMX metrics and outputs. Is there a
way to identify why the offsets are not committed to kafka?

- In my current application we custom loggers for debugging purposes. Let’s
say we want to find what’s happening for a particular user, we fire an api
request to add the custom logger for that particular user and use it for
logging along the data path. Is there a way to achieve this in flink? Are
there any global mutable parameters that I can use to achieve this
functionality?

- Can I pass on state between operators? If I need the state stored on
previous operators, how can I fetch it?

Thanks