Hi,

the exception
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Memory ran out. Compaction failed.

says that the hash table ran out of memory. Gelly is implemented on top of
Flink's DataSet API.
So this would rather be a problem with DataSet than Gelly.

I think Vasia is right about the memory configuration. Providing more
memory usually is the solution to this problem.
Another thing you can do is to try a hashtable in JVM memory instead of
managed memory.
See the options to set the solution set to unmanaged memory in the docs [1]

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/apis/batch/libs/gelly.html#iterative-graph-processing