Hi Fabian

Thanks for your feedback. sorry for late reply.
Some of comments inline. Will update FLIP-13 wiki reflect your comments.

- Will multiple side outputs of the same type be supported?

> It wasn't implemented in prototype. But should be easy to support, we
have unique id in stream record.

- If I got it right, the FLIP proposes to change the signatures of many

user-defined functions (FlatMapFunction, WindowFunction, ...). Most of

these interfaces/classes are annotated with @Public, which means we cannot

change them in the Flink 1.x release line. What would be alternatives? I

can think of
a) casting the Collector into a RichCollector (as you do in

your prototype) or
> This is like a private magic API. Should be 100% compatible but not good
implementation.

b) retrieve the RichCollector from the RuntimeContext

> It seems better option, yet many highly used Function like FlatMap will
not get support. To get support, we need to create some redundant classes
inherited from RichFunction( like implement RichFlatMap etc) [we might put
these in different package and isolate impact of this change)

that a RichFunction provides.

I'm not so familiar with the internals of the DataStream API, so I leave

comments on that to other.

Best, Fabian

--
-Chen Qin