Hi Jinkui,

the file system state backend and the RocksDB state backend can be
configured (and usually should be) such that they store their checkpoint
data on a reliable storage system such as HDFS. Then you also have the
reliability guarantees.

Of course, one can start adding more state backends to Flink. At some point
in time there was the idea to write a Cassandra backed state backend [1],
for example. Similarly, one could think about a HBase backed state backend.

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/Cassandra-statebackend-td12690.html

Cheers,
Till