Hi Vijay,

Thank you for updating the pull request. I appreciate your work in the
security realm of Flink and value your contributions so far. It would
be great to merge the authorization pull request for the release.
However, I don't feel comfortable about the network stack (i.e. Netty)
related changes because they touch a very critical part of the Flink
engine. While the code has already been iterated over in the lifetime
of the pull request, I still think somebody extremely familiar with
Netty and the Flink network layer should check out the changes
(thinking about Ufuk here). Apart from that, I would like to further
test the changes to harden the code.

It seems like we lack the resources for now to properly to take care
of your pull request before the release. Unless someone from the
community is really eager to help out here, I would be in favor of
merging the pull request to the master after the release branch has
been forked off. We should make sure it gets the attention it deserves
then.

Thanks,
Max