//Creating a window of ten items
/WindowedStream<ObservationEvent,Tuple,GlobalWindow> windowStream =
inputStream.keyBy("rackId").countWindow(10);/

// Applying a Window Function , adding some custom evaluating all the values
in the window
/DataStream<ObservationEvent> inactivityStream = windowStream.apply(new
WindowFunction<ObservationEvent, ObservationEvent , Tuple , GlobalWindow>()
{

                        @Override
                        public void apply(Tuple tuple, GlobalWindow timeWindow,
Iterable<ObservationEvent> itr, Collector<ObservationEvent> out)
                                //custom evaluation logic
                                out.collect(new
ObservationEvent(1,"temperature", "stable"));
                        }
                });/

//Defining Simple CEP Pattern
                /Pattern<ObservationEvent, ?> inactivityPattern =
Pattern.<ObservationEvent>begin("first")
                                .subtype(ObservationEvent.class)
                                .where(new FilterFunction<ObservationEvent>() {

                                        @Override
                                        public boolean filter(ObservationEvent
arg0) throws Exception {
                                                System.out.println( arg0 );
*//This function is not at all called*
                                                return false;
                                        }
                });/

/PatternStream<ObservationEvent> inactivityCEP =
CEP.pattern(inactivityStream.keyBy("rackId"), inactivityPattern);
/
When I run this code, the filter function inside the where clause is not at
all getting called.
I have printed the inactivityStream.print() and I can see the matching
value.

Now, when I plug in the inputStream directly without applying a window. The
pattern is matching

I printed inputStream and WindowedStream and I can see they both send
similar kind of data.

What am I missing