I also agree with all the points, especially when it comes to new PRs.

Though, when someone has started reviewing a PR and shows interest it probably
makes sense to finish doing so. Wouldn’t tagging be acceptable there?
In those case tagging triggers direct notifications, so that people already
involved in a conversation get reminded and answer pending questions.