Forwarding my concern from the previous RC thread:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6646 might be a blocker,
because it voids Flink's HA capabilities.

Robert argued that this is not a blocker because it was already broken in
1.2 and users didn't complain about it. Therefore, it seems to affect only
corner cases.

I think that partial high-availability is as good as no high-availability
at all. Therefore, I think we should cancel this RC and create a new one
containing a fix for the problem. Moreover, this is not only a problem of
the session mode but also for the per job cluster mode. Users simply didn't
run into the problem, because apparently their JM recovery didn't take
longer than 60s.

Cheers,
Till