Thanks a lot for all your responses on the point Till raised.
It seems that we have an agreement to release this RC as Flink 1.3.0.
I'll include a note into the release announcement regarding the state
descriptor issue.

Thanks also for all the release testing and the votes.

+1 votes:
- Chesnay
- Robert (binding)
- jincheng sun
- Aljoscha (binding)
- Gordon
- Greg (binding)

That's 6 votes, out of which 3 are binding.
Therefore, I'll release RC3 as Flink 1.3.0!