I think the EnumValueSerializer [1, 2] is broken in the current RC. This
basically means that Flink programs won’t properly notice that state
migration is required and or fail with obscure exceptions at migration
check or runtime.

This definitely will be enough reason for another bug fix release if we
don’t want to include fixes in 1.3.1. If we include the fixes in 1.3.2,
then this will require a version bump for the
ScalaEnumSerializerConfigSnapshot because we have to change the format.
This also entails code for backwards compatibility.

Till
​