Thank you to those of you who replied.

I can't really explain why, but yesterday afternoon, out of the blue, this
problem disappeared.  Everything was working fine for a while.  Until some
different strange behavior came up this afternoon.  I don't believe any
code changes I made should affect this.

I suspect this is all related to some kind of caching somewhere somehow.

I was already putting mylib2.jar into flink's lib directory.  I was doing
this because mylib2.jar has some native methods and I had had better luck

Now I am running into a problem where my application runs successfully.  I
then turn around and run the same application a 2nd time (it should get
exact same results). Except this 2nd time I get a ClassNotFoundException
for one of the classes in mylib2.jar.  I've temporarily taken references
to the class that uses the native library out of the code just to rule out
that this is related to any native loading problems.  If I do
stop-local.sh and start-local.sh, I get the same result:  works the first
time I run, but get the ClassNotFoundException the 2nd time.

I am running flink 1.3.0 on linux (RHEL 6.8). I am not using yarn.  Just
plain, out of the box local mode.

Is it possible that the cache in this blob server is getting corrupted? Is
there a way to tell?  Is there a way to disable the blob server?

Any other ideas on things to look at?